- To increase environmental justice awareness at Dillard University and its surrounding communities.
- To encourage environmental justice education and solutions to problems facing communities of color who bear the brunt of disproportionate exposure.
- To provide motivational lectures and inform students about careers in higher education in the environmental sciences and scholarship/research opportunities at the Deep South Center for Environmental Justice.
Any person(s) desiring to be supportive of activities pertaining to the Students for Environmental Justice Club (SEJC) is eligible for membership. The SEJC falls under the umbrella of the Deep South Center for Environmental Justice and is therefore subject to its approval for business decisions, policies, and procedure affecting university policies and standards.
- A full time or part time student at Dillard University.
- No university sanctions (academic or disciplinary).
- Sincere interest in participating in the activities of the Students for Environmental Justice Club.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.